Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Dream Home- Thanks to Pinterest

I am an avid Pinner- no shame here....

One of my favorite things to pin are pictures of homes, rooms, and things that would compose my dream home...

Here are some samples..















I particularly want the aquarium bedroom...

Because that would be freakin' sweet!



I think the internet can be good for a lot of things- I particularly like Pinterest because it is a really cool way to share ideas! Although I know these pictures don't really portray what my future home will actually be like, it is fun to dream, and when we do build a house (20 years from now) I have a huge collection of ideas we can use in our design.

Perhaps I'm crazy though and in 20 years Pinterest will be completely obsolete, and the process of building a home will be totally virtualized so you can walk through the blueprints and see what your home will be like before you build...you never know?- But hey, in the meantime, what's the harm in dreaming a little bit?






3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! Pinning future home ideas is so much fun. It's the best because we don't have to think about how much it would actually cost or if it's even feasible....for now we are satisfied just looking at it and pretending that we will live in cool houses like we see on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the one with the twisy staircase and the one with the aquarium. So gorgeous! Though, you'll probably need more than a degree in SFL to live in any of these houses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with Madison! It's like our idea board and mood board online! Although, it has a wide collection that we can choose and get inspiration from. I do want a dream house of my own, but I haven't thought about what I really like yet because I tend to change my mind every now and then.

    Levi Ervin

    ReplyDelete