Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Why on Earth are Cats so funny?

So I don't know about you- but cats make me laugh....not in real life though (i have NEVER laughed at a cat in real life)- only on the internet. For some reason- they are really funny on the internet...I will explain my theory why after these examples....and if you don't think they are funny- I would like to know why? And if you think I am crazy.

















And last but not least- my all personal favorite



Now, the funny part about all this is that I actually hate cats (there are exceptions for some cats), but in general, I consider myself to be a dog person. So here is my theory as to why the internet cat phenomenon has grown exponentially--> People like to make fun of things/laugh at things they hate, like Cats.  

Of course this theory is really just a hypothesis at this point and must first be thoroughly tested before we can make any conclusions.

I think the internet is a great place to share some harmless fun about our furry little friends. I think the internet has definitely changed the way we see comedy (really memes are like a comic strip really, only with one box...comic box?) I think in the future we can kids referencing popular internet memes or pictures instead of quoting movies (pssst...this is already happening....) Which could create more of a segregation from one generation to the next, I think the internet has done that in many ways (but we can get into that more in another post)

Until next week,

Tab out.

6 comments:

  1. this is great. I LOVE cats, so this was awesome for me hahahaha. I LOVED the Life of Pi one and the Kristen Stewart one and the last one! i laughed out loud while i'm at work hahaha. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, Yes I must agree. I was looking for a blog post that would make my night and I definitely found it. I laughed so hard all of my roommates gathered to partake in the happiness with me. Needless to say, I absolutely agree that the internet is a great way to connect with friends... on so many levels! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my second fav grumpy cat after seeing the Kristen Strewart one...
    http://demianco.tumblr.com/post/39538358858/beehappybrowneyes-best-grumpy-cat-i-think-ive

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is interesting that cats are the main focus. I wonder if they would have started this trend with fish if it would have gone as viral as the cats did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I'm definitely not a cat person and thought these were funny! So your theory stands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post was hilarious! For some reason, I love internet cats too...even though I don't really like them in real life...maybe there should be a study done on that. :) Can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete