Tuesday, January 15, 2013

*SMASH*

Confession #1 of an ALMOST College Grad
    I am love with the new show "Smash" on NBC. But that's not the confession- the confession is that I was up until the wee hours of the night watching it (rest assured, this isn't something I do everyday), but what can I say, I am in love.... It's basically a drama about the ins and outs of creating a Broadway musical, and the variety of people on the Broadway scene. The girl singing below is the main character, Karen, a greenie to Broadway who has a terrific voice, and is destined for Stardom. I love, love, love the music (below is one of my favorite songs she sings in one of recent episodes I watched)....but honestly, if you are into musical theater or if you liked Glee (I sure did) you will most likely like this show. However, there is some "adult content" in it, so you have been warned. There is a lot behavior that I consider inappropriate, such as drug usage, cheating, back-stabbing, jealously, lying, etc....but I do think this shows has given me a greater appreciation for the arts, especially musical theater and all the work (and drama) that goes into creating a smash on Broadway.



No comments:

Post a Comment