Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hackers- those dirty little rascals.....



This week I had the pleasure of being hacked.

  Somehow my email was hacked and a weird email virus was sent to all my friends! How rude! Soon I had loads of emails coming in saying...."Tabitha, I think you've been hacked"...."Um, what the heck is this"....and "did you send this weird email to me?"

NO! of course it wasn't me- when was the last time  I sent you an email anyway? Just kidding...the point is I was pretty frustrated.

Right away I frantically changed all of my passwords, for like....everything....which is annoying for me because now I have to remember all these "hard strength" passwords that hackers will never guess!

MuuuAhhhhAhhhAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! (this is an evil laugh, just in case you can't tell)

But seriously, I was in rare form after I was hacked....so incredibly angry inside that someone or someone's computer program...would hack into my account and use my contact list to send some weird email....I felt violated, and honestly couldn't think of anything that I did that could possibly have brought this on....in my head hacking a crime, yet most hackers probably never get caught, and even if they were how would be punish them? I honestly don't know what kinds of law are in place when it comes to internet crimes, I know there are some....but I'm not sure what....anyone know?

All in all, I feel like I had a taste of what identity thief would sort of feel like, lucky for me I didn't lose any money....maybe some friends... oh well. I thought I was a pretty cautious person on the internet and could avoid such frustrations but apparently I am not immune.

This little experience made me think about how important it is to keep your information safe, secure, and private on the web....just be smart about what you do (even when you are being careful, you just never know), and change your passwords regularly and make them so bad-A that no could ever guess them- not even Shawn Spencer, or Monk.

Well...that's it for now.

Peace Out home-slices-of-bacon (don't worry it's a compliment, look below to find out why)




No comments:

Post a Comment