Sunday, March 10, 2013

Something to sink your teeth into.....

Ok, prepare yourselves, here comes another confession....

This week I watched the whole first season of Vampire diaries....that's like 22 episodes in 5 days. I wasn't expecting that to happen...in fact before this week I hated the whole vampire love story...stupidity to me....

So I've been thinking about it and I think my little "massed practice" of TV watching happened for 3 reasons. 

#1. Midterms were last week, and I did school ALL day EVERY day for like 10 days straight..it was insane....I had 5 tests in 5 days and 2 projects and a presentation due then too. In other words I think I was feeling some serious chill time withdraws.

#2. I had nothing due the week after midterms, and didn't feel like doing work ahead of time.

#3. The Vampire Diaries was the show I had to watch to code for my media research project, so I got hooked then.

ok....maybe it's 4 reasons...

#4. The Vampire Diaries is like 100x better than Twilight- and I think it fascinated me that the whole Vampire idea could actually work. (I really hate the Twilight series....the acting is terrible and so is the plot...I've watched them so I can make fun of them-period.....sorry if you really like the Twilight series...no actually I'm not.)

ALSO- Stephanie Meyer TOTALLY ripped L.J. Smith's idea from him- the Vampire Diaries was originally a book series written by L.J. Smith published in 1991. Stephanie Meyer's Twilight was originally published in 2005....seriously Stephanie Meyers? I don't even know the right word I want to call you right now....

There are so many elements of Twilight that are similar to Vampire Diaries, but the later is 100x better....like I said before....now, I haven't read the either book series, my judgements are just coming from the movies and TV series....

boy vampire...girl not vampire....both fall in love in high school setting...she puts together that he is a vampire after seeing all the amazing things he can do....other boy that loves non-vampire girl.....

sounding familiar?




they're basically the same idea....only one is better than the other- as in the idea that came first is better.

Well...there I said it.... 

I feel much better now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment