Sunday, March 3, 2013

Footloose

Here is a movie that I honestly didn't think that I would like....yet I gave it a chance, and I found myself really enjoying the film! It was even better than the original in my opinion- and the dancing is pretty awesome.

I think I enjoyed it mostly because Dennis Quad reminds me of my own dad, and Kenny Wormald did a fantastic Ren MacCormack! And I love the Boston accent- reminded me of my past love, Newsies, which if you haven't seen that- you are not an American. Period.

All in all I think Footloose had some really good themes in it- about control, doing the right thing, finding yourself, and living life to it's fullest.

I also loved the angry dance....here is the original one with Kevin Bacon 1984


Here is the 2011 version with Kenny Wormald

And here is a parody of the two by Flight of the Concords- golly I love them.

So....Have you seen this movie? What were your thoughts

3 comments:

  1. I haven't watched the new one because I usually don't like "remakes" of movies. Maybe I'll have to make an exception and watch this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhmmmmmmmm I fell asleep during it. LOL!!!! Probably because it was late at night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I love Flight of the Concords! They're hilarious. :)
    I haven't seen the new Footloose, but the kid who plays the main character seems like a really good dancer!

    ReplyDelete