Thursday, February 7, 2013

Superbowl Numbero Uno

This past Sunday was my very first Superbowl.....(well...my sister recorded it...and we fast forwarded the game and just watched the commercials and half-time show...lol)

So I guess that probably doesn't count.....but it's still a first for me


To my surprise the commercials made me laugh.....
made me really grossed out.....

and even made me bawl my eyes out.....
which I did not expect from a Budweiser commercial...

I realized the second time through watching it- and crying again (so embarrassing)- that it was the song in the commercial that tugged on my heartstrings (it is a song that reminded me of an emotional time in my past)

It's interesting how music can bring emotions so fast, even subconsciously! And I have always loved horses- if I was an animal I would be a horse!

But when it comes to commercials I think it is always important to realize that they are always trying to sell you something- and they will do whatever it takes to do just that. I think they can be good- they can share good messages, share laughs...and others can be the phantoms that haunt your dreams (like the kissing GoDaddy one- disgusting ) and several other commercials I really hated but wouldn't post on my blog- like the Carl's Jr. one, or the Calvin Klein one- I think it's gross to use sex to sell a hamburger, like seriously Carl's Jr- are your burgers really so bad that you feel the need to disgust women all across the globe- to sell your burgers to young horny boys?

Sicko punks....

I personally will- NEVER- buy a Carl Jr. ANYTHING ever again- (this is me, using my consumer rights)
They don't deserve my business.

Isn't it funny how just watching a million commercials can take you through quite a range of emotions?

Who says media doesn't effect us? I sure think it does.















No comments:

Post a Comment