Thursday, February 7, 2013

Downton Abbey....why oh why did you make me cry?

This post is about Downton Abbey

SPOILER ALERT! IF YOU HAVE NOT CAUGHT UP ON ALL THE EPISODEs

DO

NOT

READ 

THIS 

POST

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No, seriously, don't.....


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






This is a story of how they killed off my favorite character and I cried and cried afterward

like seriously...I bawled my eyes out.....Sybil, this one is for you

Ode to Sybil

Oh Sybil, how I adored you- the other sisters are annoying and selfish, but you were different. You were kind, loving, full or courage, and bravery! You will surely be missed, even though I totally called it earlier in the season that you would die....I should have known, yet I was still sad the writers didn't surprise me and keep you alive.


What's done is done....it's not like they can bring you back to life, like Sherlock (he's just that amazing...if you haven't watched the BBC Sherlock, you totally should!)

I'm beginning to realize that I'm an empathetic crier....I wasn't always this way you know- maybe it's the weather, or maybe it's because lately my TV series have been an escape from my real world that is full of unpleasant feelings currently- but isn't it funny how we sort of live these alternative lives through characters in a book or series we watch? 

I was most definitely Harry Potter...and Peeta Melark..and Jack Shepard....(I don't know why I always connect with the boy characters) but the point is I was many other characters long before I was Sybil! 

 I think some people live their lives through other (real) people too, like celebrities or children. 

Here's my theory about living through fictional characters, or even real people- it's really quite simple when you think about it....

Premise #1- Your life isn't everything you have dreamed it to be
Premise #2- You watch or see other's lives (real or fake) and you see something desirable about their lives (ex. youth,  health, happiness, wealth, time period, love)
Premise #3- Then you allow yourself to fulfill these dreams through vicarious persons

Thus= We live through other people

Why? Because we think it will make us happy?

Does it even do that? What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment